You Have A Right To Remain Silent. Before You Decide To Talk, Call Mike Winters.

Photo of Michael T. Winters
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. DUI Defense
  4.  » Don’t let embarrassment stop you from seeking help with a DUI

Don’t let embarrassment stop you from seeking help with a DUI

On Behalf of | Nov 18, 2021 | DUI Defense

As advocates for those charged with DUI in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, we have seen all sorts of embarrassing situations. What we have not seen, we have heard or read about from our colleagues.

For example, say that you are a professional (doctor, banker, etc.) with a good reputation in your community. You have a few too many cocktails or drink on an empty stomach during a business dinner one evening. On your way home, the police stop you on suspicion of DUI and then arrest you after you fail a field sobriety test.

If convicted, you may feel incredibly embarrassed about your lapse in judgment. Even worse, you may also worry that a conviction will cause those you serve in the community to lose confidence in your professional abilities. 

Avoiding conviction may be possible with guidance!

If you are ever arrested for a DUI, please do not be so embarrassed that you fail to defend yourself. You have rights as an American citizen, one of the most critical being the right to defend yourself when facing legal challenges. Your actions in the aftermath of a DUI arrest can make a difference in the outcome of your case.

As you may know, a DUI conviction in Pennsylvania comes with considerable penalties, not the least of which is the possible loss of your driving privileges. If this is not your first DUI arrest, you could lose your license for one year or more and will face other penalties as well.

Do yourself a favor and learn more about DUI charges, including potential defenses. When you speak with someone familiar with the law, you are in the best position to protect yourself from potentially harsh consequences. In the simplest terms possible, if your arrest has caused you embarrassment, you need to get over it and seek legal guidance.



FindLaw Network